This house was built on the Cumberland River Bank in the late 40’s. The house had been expanded several times. The clients wanted a large, traditional update to their kitchen with considerable storage.
I worked with the clients for a number of weeks on the design and materials. In the end we concluded that Touchstone Fine Cabinetry would their best option. The majority of the kitchen is painted Maple with a brush glaze finish.
- There are two large islands. The middle island containing the 30″ Rohl farm sink, and dishwasher along with a mixer lift is in Hickory with an Old English stain.
- The refrigerator/freezer section is a custom 60″ wide cabinet above extra deep side panels. There is a custom hood with decorative corbels over the 36″ Five Star gas range.
- There is a second oven, warming drawer and microwave built into the lower cabinets near the refrigerator.
- There are 2 large, tall pantry units to the left of the range.
- The second island has a custom Hickory top and decorative corbels and panels on the backside.